'September 13th 2013' One of the historical and memorial day for me and the whole family..
Al-Fatihah to gramps- 'Allahyarham Ahmad Ayid'
The saddest part is i wasn't there at his last breath. I got informed earlier by my brother that gramps is critical but i was at a meeting. I was thinking to finish my meeting first then go to the hospital. See these kind of thing already happened a lot and got us rushing there only to know that he's gonna be alright. So i thought this time it would be the same.
Just as i finished my meeting, i had to send my colleague back to the office. While I'm on the road, my brother keep calling me on the phone saying to come now-gramps is critical..
Calmly i drove... 2mins after, bro called again. This time i sense something weird, he talked a bit then he choked- he tried to speak but the words won't come out. Still i drove- holding my breath and hung up. All i can think of is i had to send off my colleague first. 1min after, bro calling in again.. still he choked and went silent-that's when i heard sounds of people crying and mourning.
My heart's pounding, i'm sweating, i lost my breath for few sec.. I couldn't speak, the words just stuck on my throat. All i remember saying that telling them to hold on, i'm coming..just hold on for a sec. That time, I wish i could tell gramps to hold on, wait for me-don't leave- but that just my heart saying.
I would try to be strong and tough but the tears kept on running down my cheeks. I figure that i can't break down, I'm gonna see him in just a mile away- I mean i had to hold on.. i just had to..
I arrived, finally.. with all the nerves and courage i step in the room. I could see everyone's crying.
And there was my gramps, lying on the bed-breathless... i couldn't dare to touched or try to speak to him, i just stood there *end of the bed* and i just watched him. With tears flowing down-I just watched..
We took the body back to hometown "tawau" and have him buried safely in our family cemetery that afternoon. Thank god that everything went smooth.
![]() |
| At gramp's grave |
![]() |
| Raya 2010 |
![]() |
| With his naughty grandchild |
![]() |
| Kundasang Trip with us |
P/S: From the bottom of my heart, I love this man to death.. Forever I Love You gramps.. We felt your absence though we accepted the fact that you're no longer here. Allah knows best.. You'll remain in our hearts and soul. Alfatihah..may you rest in peace. Amiinnn~...




No comments:
Post a Comment